Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic endorses Wiley Nickel
Cary, N.C.-Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic is proud to announce is support of Wiley Nickel for N.C. Senate. In an email announcement to Wiley Nickel’s campaign Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic North Carolina Director of Public Affairs Lindsay Robinson wrote, “I’m delighted to inform you that Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic has endorsed Wiley Nickel in the 2018 general election.”
After receiving the endorsement Wiley Nickel said, “I am proud to have the support of Planned Parenthood Votes! and I stand firmly committed to access to reproductive health and to Planned Parenthood.”
Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic (PPVSAT) makes endorsement decisions based on an issue questionnaire sent to candidates and other background information.
PPVSAT is 501(c)4 nonprofit with a mission to:
- Encourage and protect informed individual choice regarding reproductive health care,
- Advocate public policies which support and enhance the right, as well as full and non-discriminating access, to such care,
- Foster and preserve a social and political climate favorable to the exercise of reproductive choice through education of the public, voter registration, legislative activity, and such limited political activity as is consistent with tax-exempt social welfare status,
- Conduct and sponsor activities in pursuit of the goals of our organization,
- Make grants and awards to individuals or organizations for purposes consistent with the goals of our organization, and
- Engage in activities to further our mission that is consistent with section 501(c)4 of the Internal Revenue Code.