Today I took my oath of office to serve Western Wake County in the State Senate.
The Republican super-majority is officially broken. As one of the six new Democratic Senators who helped end one-party governance I’m incredibly optimistic about what we can accomplish now that Governor Roy Cooper has a veto and Democrats have a seat at the table.
I will work with every ounce of my energy to represent this district and improve the lives of North Carolinians.
The North Carolinians who voted for change in this election spoke very clearly. They want a real investment in public education, an end to Gerrymandering, affordable health care and Medicaid Expansion. They voted to protect North Carolina’s environment and to end gun violence in our state. These are some of the main issues I will work on in the Senate.
I’m proud to be part of the six seats that have flipped. These six Senators below and all of those who supported our campaign have truly changed North Carolina today. Let’s get to work!
1. Senator Natasha Marcus – Senate District 41
2. Senator Harper Peterson – Senate District 9
3. Senator Wiley Nickel – Senate District 16
4. Senator Michael Garrett – Senate District 27
5. Senator Kirk Deviere – Senate District 19
6. Senator Sam Searcy – Senate District 17
Thanks so much for supporting this campaign!